<command> vs <application>

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 22:00:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 22:22 +0100, Stuart Ellis wrote:

> I think it does have to be driven by the requirements of the targets.
> Piling on tags makes it harder to edit and review documents, and it's
> easier to mandate more complex requirements if there is a reason. "This
> ensures that braille readers can handle your documentation" is a good
> positive incentive.

We could also show this kind of practice as the step-up that is needed
for true a10y.  Perhaps a special chapter that is referenced.  For
example, in the section describing <screen> usage, it says, "These tags
should be more granular if you want to be fully accessible.  For more
information on this, refer to Tagging for Accessibility (A10y)."

Main chapters focused on a more minimal usage:

<screen>
foo
</screen>

Then we lump all the extra tagging into one chapter/section.

For reference, I used <screen> 177 times in the SELinux Guide.  That
guide is rather heavy with CLI usage.  I reckon I could convert those
<screen>s to use the heavier a10y usage in eight or twelve hours.
Faster if I could figure out some clever searching and replacing.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide