Request for review of latest revision of Building Packages guide

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 06:24:57 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 08:35 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> I've just completed a few more sections in my guide and I'd like someone
> to look it over for language, consistency, and flow, as well as actually
> trying out the instructions to see if they make sense. The relevant
> sections are the introduction for "Creating a New Package" as well as
> the entire contents of the "Case Study: leafpad" section.
>
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/BuildingPackagesGuide

I gave it a read over, it is looking good.  Valuable document for the
target audience.

I edited about 50%, mainly for passive -> active voice, consistent use
of second-person (you instead of we/us), and removing a few usages of
idioms and overly casual language.  If you read through the diff, you
should be able to get the idea, and can finish the rest of the document
in a similar fashion.  It's a small number of style items, but it helps
make the document smoother.

Thanks, keep it coming.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide