Java developer needed to help with Fedora Docs Project infrastructure

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Tue Sep 13 20:42:54 UTC 2005

Hi, All!

Over at the Fedora Docs Project, we have a problem that we think you
can help with.  Our developers use XML DocBook so that we can
generate both HTML and PDF forms of the document from the same
originals.  The HTML generation works great, but the PDF generation
is broken.

Our current tool "xmlto" uses TeX to render to PDF, but that hasn't
been maintained for a long time.  We can use Apache FOP for the
rendering but don't want to use the JVM version because it doesn't
have an open license.

So, here is how you could help.  We'd first like to get Apache FOP
native compiled using gcj and then maybe add in some open-source PNG
or JPG rendering libraries.

If you would like to help, you can reply on this list or contact me
privately at:

	Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com

I look forward to hearing from you!