Project barriers (was Re: Self-Introduction: Chris Savage)

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Sat Apr 1 20:04:05 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 08:07 -0600, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered Stuart Ellis <stuart at elsn.org>, spake thus:
>
> > 1) Since in practice you need a GPG key and a Linux box to contribute,
> > and the default GNOME mail client (Evolution) enables GPG with one
> > setting, signed e-mail is almost free (I thought). Kmail has GPG support
> > as well, I believe.
>
> Originally correct, but now out-dated.
>
> To be involved with the I18N support, one needs only a computer.
> WinDoze users can use either CYGWIN or native M$ tools to provide a
> translation .PO file.

Good point.

FWIW, the Enigmail site has a fairly thorough tutorial on setting up
GnuPG on Windows, for those that way want to handle GPG-signed mail on
that OS:

http://enigmail.mozdev.org/gpgconf.html

I didn't add that link to the Wiki, since it's not at all
Fedora-specific.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA