Project barriers (was Re: Self-Introduction: Chris Savage)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Apr 2 23:34:59 UTC 2006

> sub-project."
> Aloha,
> 	I am very new to all of this and am thankful that you folks share with
> me advice. I was not aware that bottom posting was the preferred way but
> will do so from now on. ;)

Yes and quote only as much as necessary.

> 	On a different note, I have not installed FC5 yet. I am waiting for the
> nVidia stuff to get updated.

The latest kernel update fixes this issue.

> 1.) Subscribe to the fedora-docs-list, fedora-dsco-list and
> fedora-announce-list
> 	a.) Visit the pages and fill in the needed information
> 	b.) An automated email message will be sent
> 	c.) Follow the link or respond to the email
> 2.) Ensure that the proper tool chain installed
> 	a.) Package Management
> 		I.) up2date

As far as Fedora is concerned, up2date is dead.

> 		II.) Yum
> 		III.) RPM
> 	b.) Privacy Guard Software and Management Utilities.
> 		I.) GnuPG
> 		II.) Seahorse
> 		III.) KGpg
> 	c.) Email
> 		I.) Evolution
> 		II.) Thunderbird
> 		III.) Kmail
> 		IV.) Pine

Pine is non-free software. We dont cover that.

> 	d.) Editors
> 		1.) Vi
> 		II.) Emacs
> 		III.) OpenOffice.org Writer

In general we need to define the audience better. If its the non
technical users, software that openoffice.org and Seahorse gets better
priority compared to GnuPG and Vi. Document default applications first.
Rest of the topic might need to be tuned depending on the content but
looks good at initial glance.

Rahul