Self Introduction: John Mahowald

John Mahowald jpmahowald at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 21:25:49 UTC 2006

I'm John Mahowald, an undergraduate computer science student at the
University of St Thomas, MN, USA. I do a bit of programming,
particularly in Java. I've been using Linux since RHL in 2002.
Recently I have done package reviews and sponsored packagers for
Extras, as well as maintain a couple. fedorared on freenode IRC. I
also am a community manager (Jman) at http://fedoraforum.org. Someday
I may want to persue a way of importing some of the how tos there and
polishing them up.

For the docs project I am interested in DocBook-izing existing plain
text documentation and working my way toward writing.  I have done
some decent writing but this would be my first real technical writing
experience. As to editing, I want to do both grammar and technical.

Stuff I would like to see documented more include package building
tools, like plague and a how to for remastering anaconda install CDs.
I also want to push the building packages guide along toward publish
status. Finally, I'm interested in an updated kickstart guide. Overall
I'm into documentation that increases the amount of available software
for Fedora and the number of installed Fedora systems.

gpg:
pub   1024D/1F147068 2005-06-17
      Key fingerprint = B000 232E 333F 08F6 CDDE  2E08 04FF 30BD 1F14 7068
uid                  John Mahowald <jpmahowald at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/41405E3C 2005-06-17