Content for Plone

Edward Haddock edward.haddock at hawaiiantel.net
Fri Apr 21 23:04:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 20:04 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 08:12 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 07:38 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > > Hi all Docsters,
> >
> > > 1.  Who wants to take on the Account Setup Guide?  Keep in mind you
> > > won't have to do an awful lot of writing; it's mostly just collecting
> > > written bits from the wiki, expanding them where needed, and making sure
> > > everything flows nicely for an absolute newcomer.
> >
> > Edward Haddock started this already, from the angle of just trying to
> > understand the sign-up process:
> >
> > http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2006-April/msg00023.html
>
> Excellent!  Edward, if you're out there, my canvassing was not meant as
> a slight, I simply forgot this was on the cooker already.  Thanks for
> stepping up to do this and -- if you have a chance -- let us know how
> you're doing, and whether you could use any help.

Paul,
	No worries! Aloha all the same. :) I have been working on it a little.
I will paste here and you can look at it. As I said though, life has got
real busy lately. Also I am still on FC4 and haven't quite got the plan
finished to move to FC5. I only have the first section fleshed out a
little.
Ed
"
1.)	The first step in joining the Fedora Documentation Project is to
join the community and engage in the discussion. Subscribe to the
fedora-docs-list, fedora-dsco-list and fedora-announce-list to keep up
to date and informed about the project and Fedora in general. The links
can be found at
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-docs-list,
the pages and filling in the needed information an automated email
message will be sent. Choose to follow the link or respond to the email
as outlined in the instructions contained in the emails. Please note
that to be part of the Fedora Documentation Project you have to at a
minimum join the fedora-docs-list.
	Next, ensure that the proper tool chain installed. The first tools that
should be installed are Yum and/or up2date. These Software Management
Utilities will ensure that all software packages are current and aid in
installing those not already installed. Both are installed by default on
Fedora Core 4 but this can be checked using rpm.
		[xyz at xyz ~]$ rpm -qa up2date
		up2date-4.4.23-4
		[xyz at xyz ~]$ rpm -qa yum
		yum-2.4.1-1.fc
	Either package will work for managing software packages.
	After that, setup Privacy Guard Software and utilities to manage the
Gpg keys. Use GPG to identify yourself and authenticate your
communications, even with people you don't know. GPG allows anyone
reading a GPG-signed email to verify its authorship. In other words, GPG
allows someone to be reasonably certain that communications signed by
you actually come from you. GPG is useful because it helps prevent
mischievous third parties from polluting code or conversations by
masquerading as other entities. To participate in any part of the Fedora
Project,
	- you should have a GPG key pair, and
	- your public key must be available on pgp.mit.edu, a well-known public
keyserver.
Outline:
1.) Subscribe to the fedora-docs-list, fedora-dsco-list and
fedora-announce-list
	a.) Visit the pages and filling in the needed information
	b.) An automated email message will be sent
	c.) Follow the link or respond to the email as outlined in the
instructions contained in the email

2.) Ensure that the proper tool chain installed
	a.) Package Management
		I.) up2date
		II.) Yum
		III.) RPM
	b.) Privacy Guard Software and Management Utilities.
		I.) GnuPG
		II.) Seahorse
		III.) KGpg
	c.) Email
		I.) Evolution
		II.) Thunderbird
		III.) Kmail
		IV.) Pine
	d.) Editors
		1.) Vi
		II.) Emacs
		III.) OpenOffice.org Writer
	e.) Utilities
		I.) CVS
		II.) xmlto
		III.) Docbook files
3.) Generate a GPG key and setup your email client
	a.) Create a key Pair
	b.) Post public key at pgp.mit.edu
	c.) GPG key management utilities
		I.) KGPG
		II.) Seahorse
		III.) At the command line
	d.) Setup email client to work with GPG
		I.) Evolution
		II.) Thunderbird
		III.) Kmail
		IV.) Pine
4.) Create a Bugzilla account(Red Hat)
	a.) Fill out subscription page
	b.) Receive email
	c.) Respond to or follow link in email
	d.) Account done
5.) Create a Fedora Project Account (Not the same as a Bugzilla
Account.)
	a.) Apply for an account
		I.) Fill out Subscription page
		II.) Receive an email
		III.) Respond to or follow link in email
		IV.) Account setup.
	b.) Request and Complete a Contributor License Agreement(CLA)
		I.) Form the accounts page click to have it emailed to the
		account on file.
		II.) Receive it and following the instructions in the email,
		fill it out, sign it with your GPG key and return it.
		III.) Get confirmation email. Done.
	c.) Download and save the client-side certificate.
6.) Post a self-introduction to the fedora-docs-list
	a.) Subject
	b.) Body
	c.) Include Public GPG Key
"