Draft document on burning ISO images

Sam Folk-Williams sfolkwil at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 12:50:42 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 04:56:00PM +0100, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 15:33 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 19:04 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/BurningDiscs
> > >
> > > This would be a very important document for non technical users
> > > attempting to start using Fedora. More content and editorial reviews
> > > would be helpful from the lurkers in this list.

Sorry to chime in late on this thread -- I think this is a very important
document and I'd like to link it up with the Draft System Planning Guide;

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/SystemPlanningGuide

As somehow who supports Linux professionally,  I can not tell you how many people I
have had to talk to about the proper way to burn an image. This is something
completely non-obvious to most users and a massive cause of frustration -- even
though we'd like to think it's trivial.

Sam