TOC for Command Prompt Survival Guide

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 00:17:23 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 15:50 -0500, James McElhannon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to propose the following TOC for the Command Prompt Survival
> Guide, one of the current Doc Ideas...
>
> I would plan on submitting this document to the LDP, too.  Their
> equivalent doc is aging and is lite on details.
>
> Please let me know your feedback.

[...snip...]

Good start, James!  I would like to see this in the Wiki... have you
applied for an account and so forth?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem/NewAccount

Once you have a Fedora account you can register on the wiki and be added
to the EditGroup, and participate in the drafting process.  We encourage
everyone to draft there if they're not comfortable with CVS and DocBook
tools.  Many eyes watch the wiki and therefore it's a great place to
give and get feedback.

BTW, I have a coursebook that I wrote several years ago which does much
the same thing as this... I will see if I can dig it up and convert it
to an open format.  I wrote it in MS Word before StarOffice was usable,
and WAY before I learned DocBook XML.  It probably needs updating, but
that might be easier than writing from scratch.  Now if I can only find
it in the bitbucket...