Suggestions for system home page

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Aug 8 21:29:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 18:02 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:

> Nevertheless, I believe we should probably not dismiss the idea of
> having a box *somewhere* to be able to notify users of something
> important. Having it at the home page of the browser is much less
> annoying than a pop-up in the notification area for example. Also,
> giving the user the choice of information level (important news,
> security notices, nothing at all) would ensure minimum annoyance levels.
> Of course, again, these require scripting, so they remain just future
> ideas for now.

Let's begin work on this just following the FC6 release.  We could use
the cycle between FC6 and FC7 to work on all kinds of crazy ideas for
that page, get them tested and worked through in rawhide, and have FC7
test1 show some very exciting usability on the documentation and
translation fronts.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project