Release announcement translation

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 17:35:52 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 12:03 -0500, Thomas w. Cranston wrote:
> Could you please identify youself better? The following are the subject
> and sender:
> Rahul
> Release announcement translation
>
> I have no quick way of knowing if this is spam or somthing from or
> relating to the Fedora documents project, so it just looks like spam to
> me, since I am not familiar with your name.
>
> Spammers are beginning to craft subject lins that look like they might
> relate to a forum, etc.
> In this case I used a little intuition, but my esp is running a little thin.
>
> This goes out to everyone out there, and not just you Rahul.

Although not impossible, it's not easy for spammers to get on this list,
since verifying registration requires human intervention.  If you're
having trouble separating fedora-docs-list mail from your normal mail,
try using a filter that distinguishes it based on Recipients or List-Id
tags in the source.  Most email clients have this capability.

I use Evolution and the "Filters" option, and move incoming mail into a
"fedora-docs" folder if it has a "Recipients" tag that includes
"fedora-docs-list at redhat.com".  Try it, you'll like it!

Of course, the content of this mail shows that it's clearly not spam and
directly pertains to Fedora documentation, which is another useful
clue. :-)