Fedora Installation Guide FC6

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Aug 21 14:22:31 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 19:48 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> Scott Glaser wrote:
> > I need a bit more information. What is the extra repo entry? What are
> > the other odds and ends? Could you please expand on these so I can get
> > started on these this weekend?
> >

> I guess "extra repo entry" refers to the ability of Anaconda in Fedora
> Development tree to use any yum software repository during installation
> itself so that you can select and install packages from Fedora Extras
> and any custom defined repository by providing the url

Correct.  Note that there's also another tiny change pending here to add
easy checkbox access to Extras and the currently available updates
(well, I'm not 100% sold on the latter... but definitely the former).  I
hope to land that today or tomorrow.

> You can talk to Jeremy in #fedora-devel Freenode IRC channel or mail
> katz at redhat.com (cc'ed) to discussion these things further.

Yep -- also, if you want me to review things, just let me know.

Jeremy