IRC & Gobby session: DocBook XML

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Wed Aug 23 02:13:38 UTC 2006

Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:

> A few people came by IRC and we started up a gobby[1] session to talk
> about how DocBook XML works.

Paul,

This is a really good idea.  I think you've all done very well.

> <stickster> vi also has many adherents.  Tommy Reynolds, one of our
> resident gurus, is a big vi fan.  I don't bother arguing with him about
> it, and I won't bother arguing with you about it either.

Since my name has been mentioned in vain, I shall respond in kind ;-)

I use vi because I've used vi since about 1980 IIRC; it's melded with
my DNA by now.

However, I use jEdit (http://jedit.org) to edit structured documents.
Once the new GCC classpath migrates out, and jedit gets compiled
native, you will too.  Until then, it requires a JVM.

But I'm not arguing.  USE WHAT WORKS.  Editor diversity is the least
of our problems.

--
I'm already an anomaly, I shall soon be an anachronism, and I have
every intention of dying an abuse!