DocBook XML rises from the ashes!

Vladimir Kosovac vnk at mkc.co.nz
Sat Dec 2 08:02:48 UTC 2006

John Babich wrote:

> Paul:
>
> Top Ten List of  "Disadvantages to Working on a Global Project":
>
> 1. Two words: Time zones
>
> I'm very much interested in this training.
>
> Just a reminder:
>
> West Coast, North America - Wednesday, 2 PM (GMT-8)
> East Coast, North America - Wednesday, 5 PM (GMT-5) <-- You are Here
> West Russia, Middle East, East Africa - Thursday, 1 AM (GMT+3) <-- my
> situation
> New Zealand - Thursday, 11 PM - Thursday, 11 AM (GMT+10)

Actually, Paul's proposed time (5 PM, Mon US E) translates to ~2 AM,
Tuesday Dubai (I suppose you're not far off). On the other hand, Sat 2
PM your time is around 5 AM Paul's zone, correct?

Neither one sounds terribly attractive but if John's proposal is pushed
for few hours and Paul gets up before 9 AM on Saturday, it might work
for both. Weird time down here but I'll be up&working anyway (3 AM,
Pacific/Auckland).

One dumb question: on what IRC channel would this meeting happen?

Cheers, Vladimir