Self introduction

Vladimir Kosovac vnk at mkc.co.nz
Sat Dec 2 09:43:21 UTC 2006

Hi all.

I am Vladimir Kosovac and am based in Auckland, New Zealand. I just
recently figured that excuses, mostly to self, about not having enough
time to put some effort into this beautiful project don't work anymore.
So, here I am.

I have spent last 6+ years as sysadmin  at Computer Power, what used to
be one of the largest IT training organisations in this part of the
world. Sadly, we are not anymore, since Australian operation wound up at
the beginning of this year.

You all will be happy to know that our training environment is about 97%
Red Hat on the server side and 100% Fedora on the Desktop. Obviously, we
have to provide Windows desktops, too but those are VMs, so they don't
count :o). We are also Red Hat Academy and I am proud to say that two
former colleagues from Melbourne and I were the ones to persuade
management structures to work with Red Hat on establishing our
organisation's Academy status.

My Linux experience dates back to 2000, when I put the hand up for a job
at this workplace. That opened my eyes and apart from moving to New
Zealand, I consider it the smartest move I made in my whole life. There
is nothing better than the opportunity to make a living by doing what
one really loves. Hopefully, my future contribution will help in making
this possible for someone else, too.

I'd be most interested to work on parts of the System Administration
Guide but I am also happy to help with whatever is considered priority,
provided my knowledge is sufficient for whatever that might be.

I am not programmer and don't intend to become one. I do have some
experience with editing learning material at my workplace. This was done
using common word processing apps though but I am going to get on some
learning of DocBook XML, which seems pretty straight-forward to get to
the level needed to start helping with "checkout-edit-build-publish"
effort that Paul suggested recently on the list.

Looking forward to work with all of you.

Regards,

Vladimir

pub   1024D/7CDACB15 2006-12-01
      Key fingerprint = 81B3 78F4 6DB9 0367 40A8  34F2 683F DC6D 7CDA CB15
uid                  Vladimir Kosovac (fedora_docs) <vnk at mkc.co.nz>
sub   1024g/4307A68A 2006-12-01