Self Introduction: Igor Miletic

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 02:25:55 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 19:43 -0500, Igor Miletic wrote:

> If I have to choose, I would prefer to write on something that helps
> beginners, for example people that just switched from Windows or that
> just encountered a computer in the first place.
>
> Desktop User Guide looks like an interesting starting point.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide

We are just about to publish what is there for FC6, and then begin work
on the 7 version.  However, we can continue to draft updates and even
new content for the 6 version; we just need to create
Docs/Drafts/6/DesktopuUserGuide as the release branch.

Since some of the people who worked on the DUG are now working on other
things, there is room for contributions there.  We can also begin work
on new content that is relevant to the current and next Fedora release.

Other content that is useful for new users:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/SoftwareManagementGuide
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/Glossary
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/CommandLineSurvivalGuide
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/GettingStartedGuide

The last one is a sort of DUG-light, that is, it should/could include
pointers to the other content as well as have an introduction/tour
presentation of Fedora.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project