Packaging progress

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Jan 1 15:51:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 09:29 -0600, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Agreed: filtering port 25 is an acceptable  part of an over-all
> security scheme.  Unfortunately, BellSouth appear to never have heard
> of authentication, certificates, and the like.

Surely if you're physically within their network you don't _need_
authentication? You just use their smarthost and you're authenticated by
virtue of coming from one of their own customer IP addresses.

> Tunneling could work if there were someone on the other end.

I wasn't thinking of tunnelling -- I was thinking of just connecting
directly to the standard MSA port of a mail server elsewhere (cf.
RFC2476).

>  Wanna volunteer?

I don't see why not. Use smtpauth.infradead.org -- username and password
under separate cover.

--
dwmw2