Attempt to Assist in the generation of the FC5 Installation Guide

Scott Glaser sonar_guy at c-ccom.com
Tue Jan 3 21:10:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 12:53 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 14:16 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >
> > I had suggested this to Scott also in IRC.  I think the process might
> > work better (and be less exhausting for Scott!) if we use the Wiki page
> > as a place simply to outline and make terse notes.  Then Stuart and I
> > can do the actual "longhand" writing in CVS, and Scott can view the
> > results at the webtest host to monitor and critique our progress.  This
> > also keeps Scott from having to learn much about our style guidelines
> > and cuts down on our workload too, since it's easier (I think) for us to
> > write straight into CVS rather than convert -> merge (yuck) -> edit for
> > style.  Just my thoughts, waiting for others to comment...
>
> +1
>
> Whatever works for you three, but that seems elegant to me.
>
> 14 January is the freeze date for content that relates to FC5 test2.  If
> you want to do a coincidental test release of the Installation Guide, we
> can surely get a link in the test2 announcement.
>
> - Karsten

Lets shoot for FC5 test3, I need to learn how to edit in XML and get the
data I have already put into the correct format. Also I will need some
more time to run through the other installation methods with rawhide and
capture the remaining screen shots that I do not currently have.  Based
on that I do not believe it is currently feasible to have a working
document by 14 January so test3 would be much more realistic.

--
Scott Glaser
Fedora Core User