Attempt to Assist in the generation of the FC5 Installation Guide

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Wed Jan 4 21:01:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 15:14 -0500, Scott Glaser wrote:

> > Having looked at Scott's mockup, I think that it's probably going to be
> > easier to work on separate copies of fedora-install-guide-intro-en.xml
> > and fedora-install-guide-beginninginstallation-en.xml, rather
> > incrementally patching the existing files.
> >
> > Barring the addition of screenshots and edit/review, the current
> > versions of these files are stable, so there is no issue with keeping
> > them in place until we want to replace them.
>
> So go with a branch or continue working the way I am now working with a
> local copy of the ig?

Go with a branch. Perhaps focus on what you would like to do with the
structure - the knotty issue is dealing with the matrix of boot/install
options without being repetitive (e.g. all three network install options
work very similarly).

Feel free to just copy and paste chunks of text and use FIXMEs to fill
out the sections, so that you don't get bogged down with rewriting lots
of text at this stage.

Markup for FIXMEs:

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA