Separate directories for each Language for Release notes (and other docs)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Jan 8 06:43:44 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 09:25 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> > I propose deferring this reorganization until we get the RPM
> > packaging stuff nailed down.  Then we can just change the paths
> > around a bit ;-)
>
> Agreed, but I think we need some "thirds" and "me too's" before
> proceeding since it will shake up CVS a little.  *sigh*  If only we used
> Subversion.

Who, me?  I don't care, as long as it makes sense. :)

It's important to note that we had another reason for doing the "simply
put them in the same directory."

Translation runs a separate infrastructure, which we have not been part
of.  We actually should have been working on getting joined in.

I don't know how the underlying CVS structure works, but it's definitely
a different CVSROOT.

So, rather than do all this work to change how translations are stored,
we should instead work to join the method that the rest of the distro
uses for translation.

How does that sound?

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject