Current IG Build Gives Duplicate Legal Notice

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:55:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 00:34 +0000, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> You may well know about this, or I may have just made an error, but just
> in case...
>
> I've committed an update to the IG which uses an rpm-info.xml. This
> builds but the HTML has the "Legal Notice" link twice. Commenting out or
> deleting the LEGALNOTICE entity in fedora-install-guide-en.xml doesn't
> make a difference.
>
> To ensure that everything is in sync I checked out a fresh copy of
> docs-common at 00:28 16-01-06, so now I'm stumped.

Hi Stuart!

You're not in error at all; strangely enough, I was just fixing this
problem this morning since I appear to have found it at about the same
time.  It was a simple error with the "bookinfo.xsl" file, which
transforms your "rpm-info.xml" into a <bookinfo> or <articleinfo> node
set.  (This node set becomes the generated file "fdp-info.xml".)
Basically, we had calls to a legal notice entity in that file twice, so
it would always appear in the generated "fdp-info.xml" file twice.
Should be fixed now, but please let me know if you have any further
problems with it.

I'm cc'ing the list in case anyone else ran into this particular goof.