Welcome

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Thu Jan 19 19:26:16 UTC 2006

Gaurav Prasad wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 00:16 +1100, David Woodhouse wrote:
>
> > By the way, you misspelled 'your' -- and sentences are generally
> > expected to start with a capital letter. Your own personal 'style' may
> > seem cute to your mother, but it's not really particularly useful when
> > you're communicating in a public forum. It just makes you look foolish.
> >
>  ....do u usually  waste time like this ....or it your habit to do
> useless activities like finding or pointing out so called spelling
> mistakes (which is just abbreviated form ), formatting and calling other
> people idiot /foolish for for whatever reason ...or its just your
> inflated ego ....

He is entirely correct to point out your poor netiquette.  Many of the
practices you use, such as top-posting and short-handing, are considered
childish and rude in a professional environment.  This is a list of
writers, editors, and translators.  You will find no mercy here if you
intentionally disregard proper English form.  He may be responding in a
more hostile manner than is necessary, but he did not call you an
idiot.  Your rash responses are indefensible.
> * Stop Wasting Time/sever space  over trivial issues ...if you want to
> teach  English grammar do it somewhere else (community school wud be
> nice)...

While, yes, efforts to educate others might be better placed in an
educational institution, you must remember where you are.  If you choose
to disregard what is considered polite and proper, you cannot expect
others to be polite and proper towards you.
> * Stop being personal and cursing other people ... Didn't your Mama
> teach you  not curse and importance of being polite

He is being far more polite at this time than you are, though you could
both do well to calm yourselves.  He has not once uttered a curse
against you.
> *If you want to say something about original post than do it *STOP
> Hijacking the Thread*

His response was a legitimate follow-up to your post.  Your post is
perhaps more questionable.
> *If your thinking on responding with another round of personal insults
> and wasting time list than beat  it (instead if you feel strong urge ...
> you can mail me personally to with all your egoistic crap ;-) )...i wont
> waste my  or list time anymore

He may have been more insulting than necessary, but he is doing nothing
more than standing up for a legitimate position.

> Regards,
> gaurav
>
> * Do some meditation daily to ur ego in check
> *My company currently does not allow me check any other email
> providers , so i use this id while in office other private id when in
> home
>

> *******************************************************************************************************
> pl ignore anything below this ;-)
>
> ************************************************************************************************
You should try to talk your employer into removing or modifying the
disclaimer.  I'm sure there are wise people among them who would be
willing to work something out.  It really is counter-productive.

If you are going to continue posting to this list, please regard the
simple style and manner guidelines that the rest of us adhere to.  It
doesn't take much effort to follow the simple rules -- typing complete
words and sentences, using proper punctuation and capitalization,
running a simple spell-check, etc.  The rest of us have no complaints
regarding this processes, and it has served us well for a very long
time.  At the very least, it would save you from irritating messages
from the less-tolerant subscribers.  Continuing to disregard and
disrespect the rest of the list will certainly not serve you well.

Now, can we please all be gentlemen and let this thread die.  Let us
resume our normal activities, and try to show respect for one another,
no matter how much it hurts to do so.  ;-)

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/