Fedora Installation Guide writer opening

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 15:19:58 UTC 2006

So if we have people interested in helping with the IG, I can sponsor
you for "limited" CVS access -- limited to the IG module for now -- and
oversee any work.  Some of the work we need done right away includes:

* Screenshots for FC6t2 install process.  Use Rawhide for now since it's
"next to frozen," and follow the guidelines given in Section 2.4 of the
current Documentation Guide[1].  Pay particular attention to only
updating the ones that require it -- i.e. a change in the process, a new
screen, or one which says "6" or "6 test2" instead of "5".

* If there's a significant change in any part of the installation
process, try and write some notes about it.  If you want to draft on the
Wiki, that's fine; I and any other interested editor can copy and tag
whatever we can't convert properly.

I am going to Xen-ify a box today so I can start doing some VNC installs
to get an idea of how much things are changing; I'd recommend that as a
first step for interested parties.  If you don't know how to do that,
search the wiki for Xen and/or stop by #fedora-docs for hints and tips.
Docs, ho![2]

[1]
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/documentation-guide/s1-screenshots.html
[2] Rallying cry, not urbanspeak.