Guide on release notes translation?

Pawel Sadowski mcgiwer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 29 13:11:36 UTC 2006

On 29-06-2006, thu at 02:28 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I searched the wiki for a page explaining how the translation of the
> beats work (or should work), but didn't find any.
>
> Some other questions that come to my mind concerning the relnotes
> translation:
>
>    * Does the "release notes freeze day" mean that a translator can't
> (or shouldn't) translate the .po file earlier?
>   * Is the 'release-notes/devel' cvs module updated from the wiki before
> the freeze day so that we can star working on the translation before the
> freeze day?
>   * If yes, how often?
>   * What's the best way to retain the translated parts of the older
> beats without translating them again?
>
> If there is such a page (targeted for translators, not beat writers),
> someone please point it out to me (sorry for not finding it).
>
> If not, then I believe such a page would be useful, because the
> translation of the release notes are somewhat different from the rest of
> the docs.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Dim

Hi Dimitris,

This page can be useful for you:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Translation But, as you have
already pointed it, even though I have received help from mether, nman64
and other people I have not mentioned here, I still do not exectly know
how the relnotes should be translated :D That is inter alia why I have
to edit, as I think few thousands lines to prepare FC5 relnotes for
publishing, although it is already 3 months after release. Heh, I abash
that it takes a long time like that. Now I am waiting until I will
install my system from the beginning, cos I have a big mess here :>

Regards,
Pawel