List subscription/CVS

Tom Gier info at thomasgier.de
Thu Mar 30 17:04:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have one question and one plea for help:

Question:
How long does it generally take to confirm a subscription to Fedora-trans and Fedora-trans-DE lists? I subscribed to both two or three days ago but didn't get an answer yet.

Problem:
I fee a bit sheepish about this but since I have some spare time and would like to start contributing I ask nevertheless:

I can't get CVS check out to work. I checked every resource I could lay my hands on but to no avail. I'm sure the solution is right in front of my nose but I'm stuck. Here's what I did so far:

I created a Fedora project account and during this uploaded my id_dsa.pub file. "All done" was the answer of the project server. Sounded good to me.

Then I set my CVSROOT and CVS_RSH env vars to the following:

CVSROOT=:ext:<my fedora project login>@cvs.fedora.redhat.com:/cvs/docs

CVS_RSH to "ssh"

"cvs co docs" gave "Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).". Well ... Google coughed up myriads of hits but nothing apparently helpful.

Some investigations later I ended up trying to be smart and added myself to the group "cvsdocs" in my project account with the result that I now have an entry in my account stating "cvsdocs [...] unapproved". I'm not to sure if this is correct anyway and there's still no luck with "cvs co docs".

I have not the slightest idea what I'm doing wrong or missing. I'm not that slow off the mark normally but this is certainly a "Wood and tree" problem. Could someone please have pity on me and cut some trees?!

Thanks for your patience.
Tom