Wiki starting points? Drafts...

Francis Earl lunitik at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 21:22:42 UTC 2007

I'm looking for somewhere to get started on the wiki, and I'm not sure
where to proceed?

This lead me to the Drafts wiki page, am I free to edit these pages as I
see fit? What is the etiquette here?

Just looking briefly at the "Getting Started" page, I believe a few
improvements could be made. It's overtone is very professional, which is
intimidating. I also think things like Graphic User Interface and Window
Manager should provide links to wikipedia so the user can learn more
about the topic if they wish. Wikipedia is provided in the Free Content
bookmarks folder in Fedora 7t4, so I don't think that would be an issue?
I think the wiki is the wrong place to try and explain such things
though.

Also, I don't see a way to upload images? There is a saying "a picture
tells a thousand words", and I believe it's true. I don't even see a way
to add images though? Screenshots (of a particular section of relevance
on the desktop) would greatly clarify what things say, and provide an
air of confidence for the user "I must be doing it right, it looks the
same".

Just some thoughts...