Getting Things Done

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 00:12:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 13:27 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 12:46 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/
> > >
> > > "The Fedora Documentation Project ("Docs Project") provides 100%
> > > free/libre open content, services, and tools for documentation."
> >
> > I'm not quite sure what you meant here.
> > Are you saying that the Documentation Project
> > offers some kind of tutorial on DocBook/XML
> > which might be useful to those interested in this topic
> > quite apart from the Project?
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/documentation-guide/

And if you find something missing here, let me know (filing a bug is
especially appreciated).  I've rewritten major parts of this guide
recently and it should hopefully match up pretty well with reality at
this point.

> > I didn't see anything along those lines
> > at the URL you gave above.
>
> It's actually not on that page.  It might be because it was out of date
> for a while?  It's a good point though.  There were a few updates needed
> to that page, got them now.
>
> But I will note that document is, as you suggest, a tutorial on DocBook
> itself.  The best way to really get your hands dirty and experience the
> toolchain is to check out the 'example-tutorial' module.  The
> DocsProject page has CVS instructions, and now has a link to the example
> tutorial.

Yes, the example-tutorial is the place to go.  It's good practice to
read the DocGuide, learn how to check out the example-tutorial module,
and then read the example-tutorial2.xml file in that module by loading
it into your favorite editor.