Self-Introduction: Harjit Mavi (hmavi)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 18:04:34 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 18:21 -0700, prince mavi wrote:
> Hi my full legal name is: Harjit Singh Mavi

Welcome Harjit.

> I want to contribute towards punjabi translation of Fedora project as it is my mother tongue.
> and i am really really impressed with the concept of open source and the hard work of my peers who have contributed so far towards Fedora. hats off to the gentlemen who spend sleepless nights to keep the software free without the expectation of any reward.
> Till now i have been at receiving end that is using Fedora. now i want to start as a contributor

This is a great time to get involved in translation, with the new tools
online and the focus on localization as a feature of Fedora 8:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Transifex

> i work at the level of sys admin. so i'm pretty confident with my computing skills
>
> i can program in a few languages, i can write tech stuff in layman's language
> and i can explain involved topics in a simple language.

You'll find it very easy and useful to contribute to the Wiki.
Project-specific documentation is under the project namespace (e.g.
wiki/SELinux/) and formal Wiki docs are under the Docs/ and Docs/Drafts/
namespaces.  Don't worry a bit about language problems; we're all here
to help edit. :)

If you want to do more (full DocBook XML that can be translated, for
example), that's easy, too. :)

- Karsten
--
        Karsten Wade              ^     Fedora Documentation Project
    quaid.fedorapeople.org        |          gpg key: AD0E0C41