Admin guide skeleton structure discussion thread

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:24:10 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 05:14 -0500, Dan Smith wrote:
> Ok folks this week it's the admin guide. I have fleshed out the
> skeleton a bit from the existing admin guide. The purpose of this is
> to formulate the sub topics, many of which will be easier to write
> than trying to tackle the whole topic in one fell swoop. For example
> instead of attempting to tackle the whole printing document many of us
> in a half hour could do up the printing to PDFs sub topic. The concept
> is to add and edit this rough overview of the topics/subtopics.
>
> A good way to work this I suspect would be to use the >> diff
> convention to denote suggested changes at the start of your
> commments/addition. I'll try to put this in the WIKI if I EVER get my
> account there straitened out. Will make it much easier to read. This
> is no means exhaustive, except to read :) I've forgotten a ton of
> stuff. This is just to get the ball rolling.  Next week I'll do the
> same for the User/Desktop guide.

Posting here is probably not as effective or efficient as doing this on
the wiki.  Once you have that account straightened out -- if it's not
working already -- make yourself a sandbox there in your personal
namespace and simply post a link (e.g.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DanSmith/AdminGuide).  Otherwise you're
not as likely to get as much useful feedback.  By using the wiki, people
can make corrections directly on the document like a scratchpad or
whiteboard.