Self-Introduction: Shen-En Chen (Sam)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:49:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 00:48 -0700, Sam Chen wrote:
> Full legal name: Shen-En Chen  ---> Or just go by Sam
> Waco, Texas, USA Timezone -6 US central time
> I am a student at Baylor University.
> My goals in the Fedora Project are to help translate useful documents
> or write documents from English to Chinese or vice versa. Either
> documentation for software or a system wide message.
> What other documentation do you want to see published? Just anything
> that people think is important and significant.
> Anything else you'd like to do?
> Historical qualifications
> What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past? I am a
> biochemist. So far I have a paper in bioorganic and medicinal chemistry
> letters in 2004, and a page for international student magazine.
> What level and type of computer skills do you have? I started my
> computer life with microsoft windows 3.1 many years ago. I like and
> used to microsoft windows until five or six years ago, in a research
> pproject I had to use unix based system to solve problems. Since then I
> learned how to install, configure and administer unix-like systems.
> What other skills do you have that might be applicable? User interface
> design, other so-called soft skills (people skills), programming, etc.
> What makes you an excellent match for the project? I use unix-like
> systems for work and I believe I can contribute at least as a regular
> user.

Welcome Sam!  You can find some ideas by looking at our Tasks pages,
especially http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Tasks .

Do you have a specific document you would like to work on?  You can find
a list of drafts at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts -- feel
free to jump in and just start editing once you have a wiki account.