quote order (was [Fwd: [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide/UserAccounts" by VladimirKosovac])

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 21:37:47 UTC 2007

Vladimir Kosovac wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
>
>> Karsten Wade wrote:
>>
>>> The correction below brings up a small thing we can be consistent about,
>>> but first we can decide how we prefer it.
>>>
>>> So let's vote!  (+1 for your preference)
>>>

> <snip>
>
>> I vote for " ' ' "
>>
>>    -Mike
>>

> Yes, kind of more consistent this way...

My main concern is how some languages escape different strings.  For
example in perl:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$p = 'some value';

print "This 'is a' string: $p";
print "\n";
print 'This "is a" string: $p';
#EOF

The output is different for each, one escapes $p the other prints the
value.  Though, in the example given I don't think there was any issue
of this.

    -Mike