system-config-users help files (was Who I am)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 17:35:28 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 07:02 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Good morning. My name is Karl Larsen and I want to write the help
> for the gui device called Users and Groups.

Users and Groups has perfectly good documentation within it, last time I
checked.  Is it out of date or inaccurate?

You should be able to see the content appear in your web browser
(Firefox) when clicking on either the Help button or the menu Help >
Contents.  It pulls up this content:

file:///usr/share/doc/system-config-users-<version>/index.html

Fedora Docs does not contribute directly to that guide.  It is
maintained by the upstream, which, ironically, is a Fedora developer.
But that developer has not asked Fedora Docs to help with that guide,
etc.  The best place to submit fixes to that content is via bugzilla
against the system-config-users component.

This is one area that we probably don't need to cover as well, since the
content in the application is sufficient and we can refer to it.  I
notice that it is under the OPL but doesn't have the options removed.
I'll file a bug about that, and once it is fixed, we have the option of
pulling in some or all of that content into our guide.  We can then
start submitting patches upstream and maintain the content as a part of
our guide as a downstream consumer.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.