Voting System Conflicts
kwade at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 19:07:12 UTC 2007
On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 07:06 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> As per this consensus, we'll proceed until the previously decided
> nomination closing time (23:59 UTC today) to see if enough candidates
> appear to stand for FDSCo election. If not, we'll postpone FDSCo
> elections until the end of the month, freeing up the voting system for
> others to use.
I'm a bit torn here, showing my indecisive side quite clearly:
* We have not enough candidates for an election (3 nominations, 3 seats,
so voting isn't useful)
* To fill up the nominations is feeling very rushed, with four hours
left to go
* People on this project are not fully aware of the election
* Serious people have put up their names for nomination, and they
deserve respect and a fair/useful election
* Putting off until 24 Dec. or later for elections really means we want
to wait until the New Year, which is _very_far_off_ our schedule of
"just after the release." Oops.
* FAMSCo seems ready to go and chomping at the bit
* If we postpone we risk losing the momentum we have
* Someone is potentially upset with the outcome no matter what the
Oops, sorry, the last point is just my "place of always being stuck" as
a leader. :)
Tick tick tick ...
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Dev Fu : http://developer.redhatmagazine.com
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/docs/attachments/20071212/918506e0/attachment.bin
More information about the docs