Enough

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:07:39 UTC 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 12:16 PM, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com> wrote:
> On 12/19/07, Christopher Curran <ccurran at redhat.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Sounds like a good discussion for the upcoming FUDCon. People from RH
> Legal will be there, so we can think of how to overcome some of the
> challenges and re-evaluate our processes. I think we all agree we
> should lower the barrier to entry -- we just want to do it "the right
> way".
>
> I'm frustrated as well with all the discussions around licenses and I
> hope we can stop worrying too much about all these things soon.

+1

For what it's worth, I know that there has been an ongoing effort to
simplify the process of contributing docs to the Fedora Project.

I remember all too well my initial difficulties in getting on board. I
appreciate the need to exercise some discipline in who can edit the
wiki - otherwise the overall quality would suffer from random edits
and spam postings. At the same time, we need to make sure the
legitimate contributors like Karl don't get frustrated by the process,
as happens all too often.

I plan to be at the FUDCon and I'll post a session now on "Simplifying
the Onboarding Process for the Fedora Project" or something similar.

I'm not sure I'm the best guy to lead it though. Red Hat Legal should
definitely be involved in the discussion at FUDCon.

Best Regards,

John Babich
Volunteer, Fedora Project