Enough

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 22:47:23 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 22:11 +1000, Malcolm Jacobson wrote:
> Speaking strictly as an interested observer, can anyone explain why
> Fedora Docs doesn't use the same license and sign up process as
> Wikipedia?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights

While we cannot use the GNU FDL as Wikipedia does (see below for
background[1]), we certainly can allow a simpler process to get
contributors on the wiki.  A click-through CLA (read, then click "OK, I
agree") is sufficient, but not enabled in our version of Moin Moin.

Resolving this should be a higher priority.  We're challenged by a
release process not our own.

Let's ask Mike (under a new thread) about what it would take to
circumnavigate this.

- Karsten

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Licensing/FAQ