wiki questions, Moin versions, and click-through CLA

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 14:05:04 UTC 2007

John Babich wrote:
> On Dec 21, 2007 5:00 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Karsten Wade wrote:
>>

> < snipped Karsten's insightful and carefully crafted words >
>

>> Now this click-through CLA is one that is not tied to the user correct?
>> Just something they're prompted with when editing the page with an
>> unverified account.  I worry what an army of people who don't have
>> enough stake in Fedora to fully sign the CLA will do for/to Fedora.  But
>> it is the open way :)  I'd like to get rid of the CLA all together.
>>

> I've seen the alternative and it ain't pretty.
>

>> On a side note, there's going to be an FAS session during FUDCon, I'd
>> encourage anyone that is interested to come on by.
>>

> Thanks for the plug, Mike. I think fixing this at FUDCon is possible
> and will reap real benefits.
>
> See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnBabich/SimplifyingOnboarding for
> the latest refinement of the session.

I was actually talking about the Fedora Account System 2 session :)
That sounds very much like the lowering the barriers session from last
year (which, really, we should have every FUDCon and I'm quite glad to
see you doing it).  Just in case things go for worst and I can't make it
to yours and you can't make it to the FAS session.  Take a look at this:

https://publictest3.fedoraproject.org/fas/

Its currently still in test so feel free to make up a user, it will have
no barring on your actual user and you can just come up with whatever
you want.  There is a CLA process in there that I think you'll find MUCH
easier then the current method.  There's also some bits for signing a
clickthrough CLA though I'm not sure how far along those bits are.  Let
me know what you think.

    -Mike