Self-introduction for Fedora documentation project

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 20:02:44 UTC 2007

Hi Marcel!

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 17:47 +0300, Marcel Lambert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Marcel Lambert. I became a practitioner of Linux due
> to internet security reasons with the release of Red Hat 9 and since then I live with
> it and maintain occasional notes at http://netston.tripod.com/Windows_Linux.htm.
> When choosing OS I am a conservative (you can call me rational minority), and
> I use both Linux and Windows and live with advantages and disadvantages
> of both.
>
> Originally, I got closely acquainted with computers about 25 year ago being a
> student in natural sciences, and moved to IT entirely shortly after. I
> designed and developed software, managed numerous IT projects. A turning point
> in my career was in Tradescape.com, later purchased by E*Trade, where
> I had managed a project (and was a key architect/developer) for MTrade platform
> for trading stocks on NASDAQ/NYSE.
>
> My internet nickname is ARMADILLO, and I am interested in writing
> about security topics and all the things in Fedora that help adventurous,
> safety-demanding armadillos explore the world with Linux :-)

Glad to have you aboard.  As someone interested in security, would you
be interested in getting involved by updating our SELinux FAQ for Fedora
8 and beyond?  It has not really been updated since Fedora Core 5, but
that doesn't mean there's necessarily a huge amount of material to add.
Mainly it needs someone to go over it, compare it with some of the other
available SELinux pages on the wiki:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux

...and make the FAQ agree.  I think Marc was working on this but he
could probably use some extra hands.  Please take a look at our style
guide so that you can learn to approximate the tone we shoot for in our
documents:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/StyleGuide

If you have anything else in mind to do, please feel free to talk about
it here.  Again, welcome!

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/