pgp-MIT status

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Dec 24 20:37:28 UTC 2007

    Well, http://pgp.mit.edu/ is now working at 2027Z on Dec 24 2007. I
wanted to "extract data" so read the help and it said if your using a
Hex ID you must precide the number with zero and then x (0x)

    When I did this for Adam Cooper's key ID it worked after a long
delay reading the database I suspect. Then I put in my new key ID and in
a long delay it was FOUND! So my data is in that server. For fun I
selected a verbose out put including my finger and started the search.
This what it sent me:

Type bits /keyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024D/FE2353A7 2007/12/23 Karl Larsen (This is for Fedora Doc)
<k5di at zianet.com>
     Key fingerprint = 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C  ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7
sig        FE2353A7             Karl Larsen (This is for Fedora Doc)
<k5di at zianet.com>

    So I am certain that I am in this server but over the Internet I
can't get this yet. I try for it with seahorse but it just can't do it.

    Expect there is one guy working at MIT today...

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User