copying+pasting screen examples

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 21:35:08 UTC 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 6:55 PM, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 15:44 +1000, Murray McAllister wrote:
>
> > There are double "-" characters, however these characters did not
> > appear when I copied them from vim into here :( .
>
> I'm seeing the same behavior.  The original source in the markup seems
> correct, but if you copy from the edit window, you get the extra '-'
> when you paste into an editor that shows real ASCII, such as Vi or
> Emacs, one single additional '-' appears.  The same occurs from the
> displayed page.
>
> Looking at the HTML generated by Moin from the wiki markup, I don't
> "see" the additional '-'.  But if I copy and paste from the Firefox view
> source window, the additional '-' appears.  So it's there, as a hidden
> character.
>
> Pasting from an editor that is not revealing all the ASCII in a plain
> text fashion might be the culprit.
>
> As a test, I wrote a replacement text piece in Emacs, which shows all
> the characters when in 'text-mode', and the extra '-' disappeared.  I am
> saving this new version in replacement of the other, you should find
> that it works when pasted into Vim.
>
> So, blame Kate?
>
> - Karsten
> --

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for working that out for me, I'll start using something else
for the wiki. I noticed there is a plug-in for jEdit that allows you
to edit wiki pages, I might give that a go and see if the problem
persists.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Murray.

pub   1024D/81B3FDEB 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]
Key fingerprint = 4ED9 9907 5BF0 4132 2B46  20D1 C0C6 362D 81B3 FDEB
Murray McAllister (Fedora Docs Project / mdious) <murray.mcallister at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/B04CFA0C 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]