Translation project

Josep Puigdemont josep.puigdemont at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 17:03:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

thanks for the answer:

El dg 18 de 02 del 2007 a les 10:34 -0500, en/na Paul W. Frields va
escriure:
> On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 11:49 +0100, Josep Puigdemont wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been contributing to Fedora Project for quite a long time now, as a
> > translator. Recently I've been wondering if, at some point, the Fedora
> > Translation Project has been merged with the Documentation Project.
> > I'm asking because I want to know if I should request to be added to the
> > cvsdocs group or not, and if I am actually elligable to be in it. Also
> > if I should send another introduction (I already did back in... uh 2003
> > I think ;-)
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> The Fedora Translation (L10N) and Documentation projects have *not* been
> merged.  But we are trying to work more closely with them.  That's a
> longer discussion than you need in this thread, though! :-)

I was asking because the fedoraproject.org wiki link for "translation"
points to the documentation project, but I see now that it refers to
"documentation" and "websites".

> Translators are *definitely* eligible for cvsdocs membership.  As for a
> self-introduction, I only found this:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2003-November/msg00156.html

I sent it to the translation mailing list:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2003-December/msg00000.html
It seems to be the first message to that list too ;-)
If I recall it correctly, there was another list called i18n before, but
we switched to this one at some point.

Anyway, I'll send a better self introduction, because that one doesn't
have most of the required bits.

> I heard Karsten making some insightful noise the other day about our
> lackluster model for CVS sponsorship.  We haven't really seen any
> benefits from the idea, and it may be time to reconsider.
>
> That may not really affect you, Josep, other than that you will want to
> go ahead and do a "genuine" self-introduction¹ (just to fulfill the
> project requirements), and then we can get you access.  If you're
> comfortable with CVS, you will have no problem at all translating
> directly from our files.  You will probably want to be subscribed to the
> "fedora-docs-commits" mailing list so that you know when guides you care
> about are updated.

I already have a CVS account for sending translations (I presume it
won't be the same?), and also an account in the account system.

> = = =
> ¹ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SelfIntroduction

Thanks a lot, I'll send a self introduction shortly.

/josep