Install Guide strings for Figure, Chapter, Section etc.

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 16:39:43 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 09:10 -0500, Igor Miletic wrote:

> Another question. Are there plans to create po files for DUG? It looks
> very useful for beginners and it would be nice if it was available for
> translation.

Excellent question!  And perfectly timed, too. :)

Bart Couvreur was discussing this on IRC yesterday; I think he is
planning on leading the conversion from Wiki to XML.  This is the first
step in generating PO for translation.  Some of us (Paul, myself) are
supporting the conversion, but anyone here who is interested in helping,
please do.  You can learn first hand about how to convert Wiki to XML,
build a book in XML, and support a book that has its canonical source in
a Wiki.

Fortunately, conversion is relatively easy.  It could be done within the
next few weeks, if we have sufficient motivation. :)

thanks - Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project