cvsdocs approval

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 01:25:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 11:15 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 19:14 +0200, Paulo Santos wrote:
> > Then another one...
> >
> > I requested cvsdocs yesterday and i received my own request notice,
> > dont know about everyone else.
>
> I approved yours.
>
> Everyone else in the queue may be a translator, who no longer need
> cvsdocs.  We need to modify the docs to show that translators no longer
> need cvsdocs, unless they are writing original docs.
>
> There are some pieces that require cvsdocs to create files in
> docs-common.  We need to just do that for the translators, maybe make
> out stubs for all languages.

This is a great point.  This was actually committed a little while ago
in CVS but I hadn't sifted through all my commit email to see it until
just a couple days ago.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/translation-quick-start-guide/en_US/sn_accounts.html#sn-accounts-docs

I immediately published a new 0.3.7.2 in quite a few languages.  That's
when I discovered the 4 locales that were *WAY* out of date, which
prompted my issue for the FDSCo meeting on Tuesday re: stale
translations.  If you look at some of these locales you'll see some way
out-of-date guidance.  It's kind of a chicken-and-egg problem when you
think about it: how does a new contributor figure out how to get
involved to fix the document on getting involved? :-)