FDSCo Meeting 2007-06-12 Summary

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Jun 17 08:29:40 UTC 2007

Attendees:
-----------

Bob Jensen (BobJensen)
John Babich (jmbuser)
Dimitris Glezos (glezos)
Bart Couvreur (couf)
Karsten Wade (quaid)

* Jon Steffan is going to ask the list about requirements/RFEs for docs
publishing platform

* SELinux content needs updating
  - May push some content upstream for a new home
  - Paulo Santos (pauolobanon) working on Fedora-specific content

* Until we have Plone and Damned Lies alerting us, we need to manually
cut inaccurate versions/translations of content

* All hands requested to focus on finishing guides individually, one
after the other:
 1. SMG (split) => UG, AG
 2. UG
 3. SpinG
 4. AG
 5. DevelG
 6. RPM Guide

* FDP is helping with Revisor documentation in two main ways:
 1. Help documentation for the new tool (in package)
 2. Stand-alone how-to (Fedora Spinning Live Media Guide, or something)

* Doc Publishing Platform
 - Waiting for Plone 3 to deploy
 - Requirements gathering via f-docs-l

* Election discussion in a few weeks; need to keep end-of-July open for
making early-August elections happen
 - Discussion around electing a vice-chair
   - as done in other projects
   - useful to split duties
   - helps train others for leadership