Links on docs.fp.o

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:25:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 02:39 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 23:33 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
> > Would there be a major objection to removing this from our docs.fp.o
> > front page, and adding it as a task on the wiki?  This would be an
> > excellent task for someone who's a good wordsmith but doesn't have time
> > to learn any high-powered docs tools.
>
> Heh, not going to just do a take-down, have to pause to swing the dirty
> laundry around the room a few times, eh?

Oops, it was probably ill-advised for me to send this before we zeroed
in on the issue in IRC... I think I sent it mid-conversation without
realizing it was so finger-pointy.  I sometimes forget that not everyone
reads CVS and I could have let this slip by unattributed....  :-\

But in all seriousness, I thought it would be worthwhile to get other
people's take on a policy issue -- so I hope someone else comments
now! :-D  What I was *really* hoping is that we'd have lurkers on this
list who would think, "Hey, wiki editing! *I* can do that!", then clean
it up according to our guidelines, and everyone could go home happy.

> Yes, I put up the link; probably in a bit of hasted and confusion around
> the F7 release, I admit to only giving it a cursory glance.  I was
> relying upon the project behind the document to have made it technically
> accurate, if not otherwise.  But if it needs that much more love, then
> it *must* be removed until then.

Well, you're always proactively looking for ways to promote new content
and the work that people are already doing around the project, which is
a Good Thing.  Occasionally if we cast too wide a net, it's no crime.
I'd like more volunteers to be aware that if they keep their eyes open,
they can find plenty of content to work on that doesn't require amazing
deity-like superpowers.

Come on lurkers, help us out here!  Check out our general style
guidelines[1] and see what you can do to fix this page[2].

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/StyleGuide
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveOS_README