misc status 26 June

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 00:32:27 UTC 2007

Since we didn't have a steering committee meeting today, I thought I
would update some status on a few things I'm doing or overseeing:

* Some increased activity around the idea of working through all guides
one at a time.  The first task, of getting software management content
into the user and admin guides, is complete.

 ** Now we all need to write, read, edit, fix, and pay attention to:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide

(John - what is the idea with Docs/Drafts/UserGuide redirecting to
DesktopUserGuide?

 ** Anyone care that "FUG" (Fedora User Guide) and "FAG" (Fedora
Administrator Guide) might have other meanings to people?

* New content publication system.  We are waiting for a Plone version to
become available before deploying.  In the meantime, we have been
working up the enhancement requests (RFEs) for the system, via this
mailing list.  Expect some update from Jon Steffan, who is doing the
custom coding and roll-out as a GSoC project.

* New translation system quietly went live this week.  As content
providers, we should be happy at the integration and overall quality of
what is going on.  Personally, I'm very excited by the surge of energy
in the Translation Project.

http://translate.fedoraproject.org

* One project quietly making progress is the man/info page wiki editor:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode/2007/VillePekkaVainio

Ville-Pekka's blog was just added to planet.fedoraproject.org; sorry I
didn't think of that previously.  You can catch up on the project status
with this tag:

http://vpv.kapsi.fi/blog/category/summercode/

* New canonical legal pages.  We might want to migrate the Wiki-based
content there and make it all one location, forevermore:

http://fedoraproject.org/legal

/me adds that to a task ... DocsProject/Tasks/Wiki2CMS

That's what is occurring to me right now.  I'm going to send this before
I forget to send it and it becomes another unfinished task. :)

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project