The KDE-SIG needs (your) help

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 15:37:57 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 21:43 +0700, Antoni Ridzki Andromeda wrote:

> I need your help, I've just apllied for fedora account, I got it, but
> in order to use it I need (if correct) to introduce myself to forum
> thorugh wiki, the problem is I can't enter to freenode at irc, this in
> turn, makes me unable to contact anyone within edit group. So, I
> cannot introduce myself.
>
> Please help me, I cannot connect to freenode, so please help me to
> gain edit previledge at wiki, so I can introduce myself, and I can
> help fedora project in translating software and documents to
> Indonesian Language.

Self introductions happens on mailing lists, not on IRC.  You can just
follow the directions to introduce yourself to the appropriate mailing
list.  I think that list for you is fedora-trans-list, yes?

Did you need wiki access for translating?  That is usually handled
through a Fedora account:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Join

Have you done all the steps up to 5?

I think I see the flaw there -- to get added EditGroup you need someone
to know who you are.  Maybe the step "Introduce yourself" needs to
appear earlier?

I recommend you introduce yourself to your mailing list, and in that
intro ask someone to add you to the wiki EditGroup.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org