cvs access

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 23:34:15 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 09:05 +1300, Vladimir Kosovac wrote:

> Karsten Wade wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 20:24 +1300, Vladimir Kosovac wrote:
> >> Marc, do you have ~/.fedora_cert in place?
> >
> > BTW, we don't seem to be using/requiring the fedora_cert for /cvs/docs.
> > This seems to be a packager requirement for other parts of CVS.
> >
> That may be but the new contributors might get the impression that it is
> needed since the "join docs project" page links to Fedora accounts
> pages, where cert is listed as a requirement for CVS access (no mention
> of skipping this part if joining docs team).

Ah, OK, this is a requirement from another part of the project that we
inherited.  It can't hurt, I reckon. :)

> So, to clarify - cvs pass file:
>
> /1 :pserver:anonymous at cvs.fedora.redhat.com:2401/cvs/docs A
> /1 :pserver:anonymous at cvs.fedoraproject.org:2401/cvs/docs A
>
> allows commits to /cvs/docs?

Not sure what you are asking here, but I don't think you can write
to /cvs/docs via pserver or using an anonymous account.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org