Self Introduction : Dan O'Brien

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 05:33:09 UTC 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 2:06 AM, Dan O'Brien <dan at new2linux.com> wrote:

> Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 13:34 -0500, Dan O'Brien wrote:
> >
> >> Full Name: Dan O'Brien
> >> Location: New York, USA
> >> Profession: Systems Administrator
> >> Company: Xanboo, Inc.

<snip>

> > I would just like to say a huge Welcome!!!! as was mentioned you can
> > help with the DUG (Desktop User Guide) I think the admin guide is just
> > about done?  If you need any help in a week or so give me a yell or if
> > you catch me tonight after my last exam.

 <snip>

Dan, let me also welcome you to the Fedora Docs Project!

> Sounds good to me. Where can I start? More to the point, where can I
> checkout the latest version of the DUG?

As lead writer for the DUG, we had a great release for FC6, then
didn't manage to get an F7 version out.

So we're working in the wiki on the Fedora 8 version. You can find the
FC6 basis for it at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide

The plan to is revise the wiki version, then publish it as an immutable
web page using DocBook XML. There's plenty to do, especially on the
KDE version. Don't worry too much about the overall structure. Pick a
section and dive in.

Best Regards,

John Babich
Volunteer, FDP