cvsdocs requests

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 19:38:49 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 21:01 +0300, John Babich wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2007 8:54 PM, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Couple of quick points/questions about requests to join the 'cvsdocs'
> > group.
> >
> < snip >
>
> > * I personally don't receive email about requests for 'cvsdocs'.  It
> > seems the 'Administrator' role doesn't get those, by design.  Is anyone
> > else getting these alerts?
> >   - The folks who are 'Sponsors' should be getting those
> >

> I receive an occasional email, which is why I went to the secure web
> page and authorized all those on the "back list".

I also see the mail when someone authorizes.  I don't recall seeing any
actual authorization *request* recently, though.  And as Karsten says,
we probably don't need to (and shouldn't) grant overall CVS access for
people who are going to be translating rather than authoring/editing.
No big deal as an open project, except for disaster prevention.

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/