[RFC] Fedora Training

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 16:45:17 UTC 2007

----- "Bart Couvreur" <couf at skynet.be> wrote:

> This (perhaps) as a replacement
> to the current wiki-pages explaining people how to get involved.

[...and...]

> We could also add some basic and advanced user-oriented courses to
> aid
> our users to get to know the system better (might be a replacement
> for
> the DUG?)

I like these ideas, but I think there is a significant difference between the hassles involved.  That is, screencasts/training of how to get involved in Fedora is a smaller, more forgiving audience who are self-selecting and therefore more willing to deal with one-off, throw-away training.  The audience for a DUG replacement is going to be much more difficult to make happy and the content is going to be much more difficult to create and maintain.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org